As part of its governance structure, the BAO Board of Directors (Board) is supported by three Advisory Committees. These volunteer committees are comprised of sector and consumer representatives who provide the Board and the Registrar with expert advice on matters affecting the bereavement sector.
As the BAO embarks on its first year of operations and transitions its governance process, the Board has approved the appointment of inaugural Chairs for each Advisory Committee. These individuals will serve as both Chairs and as Directors of the Board, for a one year term:
- – Funeral & Transfer Services Advisory Committee Chair: Brian Parent
- – Cemetery, Crematorium & Municipal Advisory Committee Chair: Glen Timney
- – Faith-based Advisory Committee Chair: John O’Brien
In the summer of 2016, the BAO completed its initial nominations process to select members to serving on its inaugural Advisory Committees. We are thankful to have the following individuals serving our Advisory Committees:
Funeral & Transfer Services Advisory Committee
Please click here for Funeral & Transfer Services Advisory Committee’s Terms of Reference.
- Brian Parent (Chair), Families First Funeral Homes
- Angie Aquino, Canadian Memorial Services
- Loyal David Beggs, Beggs Funeral Home Ltd.
- Jay Branton, Service Corporation International (SCI)
- Terrence Eccles, Arbor Memorial Services
- Rick Ludwig, Kitching, Steepe and Ludwig Funeral Home
- Scott Miller, Hulse, Playfair & McGarry
- Carolyn Nixon, Affordable Funeral Options
- Paul Ouellette, Acronamic Learning System
Cemetery, Crematorium & Municipal Advisory Committee
Please click here for Cemetery, Crematorium & Municipal Advisory Committee’s Terms of Reference.
- Glen Timney (Chair), Mount Pleasant Group
- Heather Anderson, Ontario Historical Society
- Helma Oonk, Glenwood Cemetery Company
- Ian Merritt, The Lindsay Cemetery Corporation
- Jeff Wakeford, Little Lake Cemetery Company
- Kirby Butler, Southwest Crematoriums Ltd.
- Larry Moore, St. John’s Cemetery and Columbarium
- Lillian Logan, Township of Lanark Highlands
- Ron Hendrix, Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services
Faith-based Advisory Committee
Please click here for Faith-based Advisory Committee’s Terms of Reference.
- John O’Brien (Chair), The Catholic Cemeteries
- Imam Imran Ally, TARIC Islamic Centre
- The Reverend Daniel Graves, St. Paul’s Anglican Church
- Wayne Harris, Perth Cemetery Company
- William Draimin, Barrister & Solicitor