To view the Bereavement Authority of Ontario’s Fee Schedule, please click here: BAO Fee Schedule (Jan 16, 2016)
Please note that for 2016, the BAO will be maintaining the fees previously collected by the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services’ Cemeteries and Crematoriums Regulation Unit (CCRU).
The amounts specified are payable to the Bereavement Authority of Ontario.
||Fees for New Licence
||Fees for Licence Renewal and Licensure Report Filing
- $15 plus $12 per body burial, interment of cremated human remains, or scattering of cremated human remains
- An operator who conducts less than 10 body burials, interments and scatterings of cremated human remains in total for all of its cemetery sites is exempt from the licence renewal fee.*
- $15 plus $12 per cremation of human remains conducted
- An operator who conducts less than 10 cremations of human remains in total for all of its crematorium sites is exempt from the licence renewal fee.*
|Sales Representative of Cemetery or Crematorium Operator
|Change in Operator
(application for licence as a result of a change in operator of cemetery or crematorium)
|$15 plus $12 per interment or scattering or cremation, as applicable.
* If the cemetery operator and crematorium operator are one and the same, then:
- The licence renewal fee for a cemetery and crematorium operator is $15 plus $12 per body burial and $12 per cremation of human remains conducted.
- The cemetery and crematorium operator will be assessed an additional $12 per interment of cremated human remains and $12 per scattering of cremated human remains only if the human remains were cremated by a different crematorium operator.