Notice to FE/TS Managers: How to add a payment credit to the Licensee Portal for your licensed employees’ renewal fees
The BAO’s online portal allows the manager of a funeral establishment or transfer service to pay personal licence renewal fees on behalf of their employees. If you choose to do this, licensees will be given a payment credit on their profile that will enable them to renew their licence.
Instructions on how to add a credit to your employees’ profiles:
- Access the BAO Licensee Portal here: https://licensees.thebao.ca/
- Click on “Individual licence renewals and updates.”
- Click on “Manager Link for Payment of Renewal Fees”. (Accessible to managers only)
- Follow the steps to pay the renewal fees for all licensed employees at the location(s) you manage.
- A payment credit will be applied to each licensed employee selected.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you, which includes a list of licensed employees for whom you have paid.
- An email will be sent to each licensed employee to notify them to renew online by December 31st.
- An email will be sent to you after each employee has renewed their personal licence for 2023.
Applying a credit does NOT renew anyone’s personal licence.
- Licensees must still login and renew their personal licence.
- Please advise your employees to go online, after the credit has been applied, to renew their licence.
- Operators are equally responsible for ensuring that their employees have a current and valid licence. If you question whether someone has renewed, search their name on our Public Register to see the status and verify that the expiry date of their licence is December 31, 2023.
If you are having any issues with the Licensee Portal, please email Erica Keess, Licensing and Education Officer, at email@example.com.
Due to an increase in traffic to the Licensee Portal, users may experience a slow or unresponsive website. If this happens, please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The BAO Licensing Team