Have a cup of coffee and read Beyond magazine’s summer issue
The newest issue of Beyond magazine offers a variety of important and interesting topics including green burials and a way to connect with people in your community about grief in a casual setting.
This online issue focuses on:
- Death cafés
- Green burials in the City of Niagara Falls
- An update on licensing of an Underground Railroad cemetery in Haldimand County
- A shortage of funeral directors in parts of the north
- The importance of trust funds for the longevity of cemeteries
- Historical cemeteries in Hamilton and Kingston
- Consumer protection actions in Toronto and across the province
- The free Consumer Information Guide
You can subscribe to the Bereavement Authority of Ontario’s free quarterly online magazine here.
About the BAO
The Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO) is a government delegated authority and not-for-profit corporation administering provisions of the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002 (FBCSA) on behalf of the Ministry of Public and Business Service Delivery. Responsible for protection of the public interest, the BAO regulates, ensures compliance with the law, and supports licensed:
- Funeral establishment operators, directors and preplanners;
- Cemetery, crematorium and alternative disposition operators;
- Transfer service operators; and
- Bereavement sector sales representatives across Ontario.
The BAO is wholly funded by licensee fees (not tax dollars).