Notice to Cemetery, Crematorium & Hydrolysis Licensees: BAO online portal now open to renew operator licences and submit Care & Maintenance Reports
The online portal is now open to renew your operator licence and submit your Care & Maintenance Report.
ALR – Form 1: You must renew your operator licence by its expiry date (March 31st, 2023).
Report on Care & Maintenance Fund/Account – Form 2: You must submit this report within three months after your fiscal year end. Exception: If your total C&M funds exceed $500,000 or you operate a funeral establishment on one or more of your cemeteries, you are required to submit an audited financial statement for the C&M Fund within six months of your fiscal year end; if this applies to you, you may submit your Form 2 at the same time as your audit.
How to access the online portal:
- Go to our website at thebao.ca.
- In the top right corner of our main page, click on “Licensee Login.”
- If you are a First Time Visitor, click on the link near the bottom of the page to obtain a password. On the First Time Visitor page,
- Leave the “Personal Licence Number” field blank.
- Enter your “Organization Licence Number” which is your seven-digit main organization number (also known as the “licensed operator number”).
- Enter your last name.
- Enter your email address that we have registered in our system.
- You will be prompted to enter either your mobile phone number or your email address, to which a verification code will be sent. Click on “Send Verification Code,” then enter the verification code you receive, in the field provided.
- Then, you will be prompted to create your own password.
- Click “I Accept” for the Usage Agreement and click on “Finish.”
- Once back at the Member Portal for Licensed Professionals,
- For your “Username,” enter your email address.
- Enter your new password.
- Click on “Login.”
- Select “Cemetery, Crematorium and Alternative Disposition (Hydrolysis) Operator renewals.”
Follow the steps indicated to submit your Annual Licence Renewal (ALR – Form 1) and then your Report(s) on Care and Maintenance Trust Fund/Account (Form 2).
You can also watch our YouTube video tutorials on how to login and submit your ALR online at this web address: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_lGfc6R8rk, and how to submit your Report(s) on Care and Maintenance Trust Fund/Account (Form 2): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cnEE_rfDFI.
Licence renewal fee:
As stated in a prior notice: this year, the licensing renewal fee is a $17.04 base fee, plus $13.63 per burial/cremation/hydrolysis activity conducted in the reporting year (Jan. 1 – Dec. 31, 2022).
We are here to help! Please contact the BAO department or representative indicated below via email or by phone at (647) 483-2645 or toll-free at (844) 493-6356.
|Annual Licence Renewal|
Filing of cemetery plans
Licensing of new or transfer of ownership of cemetery, crematorium, funeral establishment or transfer service
|Any one of our Licensing Officersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Report on Care & Maintenance|
Transfer of care & maintenance funds to a new trustee
(Registrar’s consent is required)
|Any member of our Financial Compliance email@example.com|
|Other compliance questions||Compliance Deptfirstname.lastname@example.org|
You may click hereto access our Licensee Portal.
Thank you for your diligence and cooperation.
The BAO Licensing and Financial Compliance teams