The Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO) is announcing to all funeral licensees that the AIM Portal, used to report and track continuing education, is discontinued effective immediately.
The BAO believes that continued education is a priority and an important component of any profession, and still requires funeral licensees to complete a minimum of 4 hours of continuing education or professional development activity for 2017 and 2018. Funeral licensees will be required to self-report the details of their continuing education on their licensing renewal forms on an annual basis.
What activities are eligible for continuing education or professional development?
1. Any conference/course/webinar/seminar or other training sessions conducted or offered by:
• Ontario Association of Cemetery and Funeral Professionals (OACFP)
• Ontario Funeral Service Association (OFSA)
• Funeral Services Association of Canada (FSAC)
• Cremation Association of North America (CANA)
2. Any bereavement course, workshop or seminar conducted by Humber College or College Boreal,
3. Training conducted by any bereavement-related organization,
4. Any Local or Regional bereavement-related professional association meetings,
5. Any workshop/webinar/conference approved by the Registrar.
Any questions in respect to this matter should be directed to the Bereavement Authority of Ontario at 647-483-2645 or toll-free at 1-844-493-6356.
Please click here for Printable version