Notice to Managers: Reminder – Submit your establishment ALRs
— It’s time to submit your Funeral Establishment and
Transfer Service Annual Licensure Report
The BAO reminds managers who have not yet submitted their required Annual Licensure Report (ALR) – for Funeral Establishments and Transfer Services – to do so very soon.
Funeral Establishment Operator (Class 1 and 2) and Transfer Service Operator (Class 1 and 2) ALRs are due by Dec. 31, 2021.
If you have already — thank you.
Note to those who manage
more than one location:
- When you are logged in to the renewal portal, if you don’t see the renewal forms for all of the locations you manage, please request a copy of the missing ALR forms by emailing Licensing@TheBAO.ca.
- Please be sure to include your establishment licence number in your email to us.
Download ALR form
The BAO web portal is open for managers to download your operator renewal form.
The operator renewal fee is payable by Visa, Mastercard, cheque or money order.
The Annual Licensure Renewal can be submitted by:
- Email to Licensing@TheBAO.ca;
- Fax to 647-748-2645; or
- Regular mail at
Bereavement Authority of Ontario
100 Sheppard Ave East, Suite 505
Toronto, ON M2N 6N5
- The BAO is not requiring holding/embalming room inspections by local public health units for licence renewal purposes again this year.
- There is no longer a pre-populated Report of Prepaid Funds form. Operators can simply use our fillable PDF form online here.
- Operator wall licences are not being issued this year, as they are no longer required to be displayed as per a previous BAO notice.