Notice to the Profession: Emeritus Status Program
The Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO) is pleased to announce that bereavement sector licensees who have achieved fifty (50) years of continuous licensure in good standing can now apply for Emeritus Status.
Emeritus Status will be granted by the BAO beginning January 2017, and eligible licensees are welcome to apply at any time.
Advantages of obtaining Emeritus Status:
- There is no cost to apply for Emeritus Status.
- No longer required to pay annual licence renewal fees.
- Emeritus status continues indefinitely, unless a breach of conditions is reported or discovered during establishment inspection.
- No longer required to complete annual AIM (Continuing Education) program.
- You will receive a letter from the Registrar and a certificate of Emeritus status.
- You will continue to receive BAO communications. With Emeritus Status, an individual acknowledges that they will not:
- Operate or manage a funeral establishment or transfer service.
- Offer or sell funeral or transfer services and supplies – at need or prepaid.
How to apply
Eligible licensees should —
- Fill in the form
2. Submit a completed form to the BAO by —
- Email email@example.com or
- Fax 647-748-2645 or
Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO)
100 Sheppard Ave East, Suite 505
Toronto, ON M2N 6N5