March 20, 2020
The Registrar is announcing that eligible year one college students currently registered in the Funeral Director Class 1 and Funeral Director Class 2 programs are immediately available for internship positions on an expedited basis. Interns can start working immediately if their registration with the Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO) is in progress.
To be eligible for internship, a student:
– Must be currently on track to successfully complete all year one courses by the original posted semester end date of April 17, 2020.
– Must successfully register their internship with the BAO and pay the required registration fee.
– Can start work in their internship immediately, as long as they are working to get their internship registered.
– Must successfully complete the year one course work based on requirements and deadlines that will be released by the program when available.
– The college will confirm the student’s eligibility with the BAO.
– Failure to complete year one of the program will result in termination of eligibility to be an intern.
The usual requirements for an employer to employ an intern and be supervised by a preceptor remain unchanged.
To register with the BAO, an intern must submit an Application for Internship with the prescribed fee and signed by a preceptor to our Licensing & Education Coordinator: Erica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to Humber College and Collège Boréal for their understanding and cooperation in adjusting their programs.