Registrar’s Directive: COVID-19 changes go into place Feb. 17
Effective Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022
This Registrar’s Directive will rescind and replace previous COVID-19 directives, in alignment with the Government of Ontario’s announcement yesterday.
The Bereavement Authority of Ontario announces that:
- Capacity limits for indoor funeral services are increasing to the number of people who can maintain two metres physical distance.
- Capacity limits are removed if the location opts to require proof of vaccination or if the funeral service is held outdoors, such as at a cemetery.
- Pre-scheduling and logging of visitors will no longer be required.
- Food and beverage services may resume.
- Cremation witnessing is no longer limited to five people.
- Staffing requirements may return to regular practice, with no need to segregate into separate teams of employees.
- All time limits on making arrangements with families or storing decedents are removed.
- Masking requirements will remain in place at this time.
I thank all licensees for adhering to COVID-19 restrictions throughout the pandemic.
-Carey Smith, CEO & Registrar, BAO